Welcome

I have created this blog for my daily writing for the 2018 Family History Writing Challenge.

Each day I will add a tab at the side of this page to link to that day's writing. If the links page is not showing click on the three white bars at the top right of this page.

This is the true story of my great great grandfather Henry Beckles Gall who lived most of his life in Barbados though he was born in Demerara (now Guyana). In the 1830s there was a dispute with his aunts over the will of Elizabeth Gall, his great aunt. I know about this dispute because the husband of one of these aunts, Theodore Barrell kept some papers on the affair and these are now in the archives of Columbia University, New York. I found further papers in the records of the Slave Compensation Commission now held at the UK National Archives, Kew, London.

The story has been fictionalised, but I have tried to be true to the probable events, writing them as scenes to make a hopefully readable story.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3

The story ends at the beginning

Week 2